Inovio Biomedical’s electroporation technology uses brief, controlled electrical pulses to increase cellular uptake of gene expression in DNA-based treatments; this enhances the potency of DNA-based immunotherapies against cancers and infectious diseases.
Inovio has an extensive patent portfolio and line of devices and prototypes for electroporation-based DNA delivery. Interim clinical data from multiple studies has indicated safety and tolerability, heightened levels of antibody and T-cell immune responses, and durable local and systemic tumor responses – providing initial validation of electroporation’s ability to enhance DNA vaccine potency.
The company licenses its technology and works through collaboration. Current partners include:
- Merck (cancers)
- Wyeth (infectious diseases)
- HIV Vaccine Trial Network (HIV)
- National Cancer Institute (HIV)
- International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (HIV)
- Vical (metastatic melanoma)
- Moffitt Cancer Center (malignant melanoma)
- University of Southampton (prostate cancer)
Leave a Reply